10.31.2005

A digestible digest.

It's about freaking time, isn't it?

Well, don't think that just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean there's nothing going on--nay, it's merely because I don't like you.

(Obviously, this isn't true. But it IS what I tell my students whenever I praise someone and someone else wants to know "what about meeeeeeee?" "Oh," I always reply, "I don't like you." Then, they get all wide-eyed, pouty and indignant, and I have to tell them I'm just teasing. Kids are so cute, especially since they don't really get sarcasm. "HEEEEEEEYYYYY...")

So anyway, a couple weekends ago, I went marching to Zion, with Annalise and our friend Liz! No, really! Well, technically, I suppose it was hiking. At any rate, it was in Zion National Park, in Utah, a comfortable three hour drive from Las Vegas. Canyons, red mountains, actual deciduous (leafy, fall-colored) trees, breath-taking heights and views. It was, in short, very much not Las Vegas. A welcome 36 hour vacation that set me back on the right track at a rather difficult and stressful time.

...Which started right back up again come Monday morning, but, çest la vie. I was good to go for the rest of the week, and here's the best part of all: I took THE ENTIRE NEXT WEEK OFF, this past week, which was even cooler than marching to Zion. Here are some details of this past week:




Powered by Castpost



<< Home
|